The following information arrived on 13 November 2020 from the Cuban Tourist Information Bureau.
As the opening of Havana has been announced, we have summarized the main points for tourists travelling to Cuba.
Upon arrival in the country
– It is not necessary to present a previous PCR test for COVID 19.
– It is mandatory to carry out a PCR test upon arrival in Cuba. (at the same airport or another access route). It is free of charge for the passengers.
– All travellers are required to have a health declaration (a form that the airline must give to the passenger once onboard the plane and shortly before landing in Cuba)
– It is required for tourists to have medical insurance that covers COVID-19, or they can buy one upon arrival in Cuba (30.00 USD)
– There is no quarantine established.
Stay in tourist facilities.
– Customers have no restrictions, except in the case of means of transport, where the use of a mask is mandatory.
– In addition to the beaches, our visitors can also enjoy nature excursions, nautical activities, tours, visit heritage cities declared by UNESCO World Heritage Site, as well as health, well-being and quality of life programs to minimize, prevent and strengthen the Immune, physical and mental status, including clients who have suffered from COVID / 19 can improve their immune system.
– We appeal to the individual responsibility of each one, and we recommend complying with hygienic measures in the disinfection of hands, physical distancing and use of the mask in transport and closed places.
– In all our hotels, we have a health team composed of a Comprehensive General Physician, epidemiology and a nursing specialist, guaranteeing the detection and immediate action against suspected positive cases of Covid.
In the case of positive PCR
– The result will be available in the first 24 hours so the client will be located and informed immediately through the tourist and health authorities.
– Symptomatic clients will be transferred to a care unit, understood to be a hospital, equipped with highly qualified personnel and the necessary equipment to guarantee their speedy recovery.
– Asymptomatic clients: After the evaluation by the doctors, we proceed to total isolation but admitted to Hotels that we will turn into Hospital
– The contacts of these cases are immediately isolated in the tourist facilities themselves under a regime of surveillance and protection. (They cannot be in contact with the rest of the clients), until the result of the second PCR is obtained, which is on the 5th day.
– The costs of medical services will be covered by the client’s insurance.
In our opinion, all clients should be recommended to have a PCR before leaving the United Kingdom because if they arrive sick, they will not be able to enjoy their holidays.
It is important to communicate that all sites linked to tourist activity in the country, including airports, cruise ship terminals and marinas, implement hygienic-sanitary protocols to guarantee the safety of our visitors. These protocols are certified and endorsed by health and tourism authorities; they were conceived, taking into account the recommendations of international organizations.
More information on travelling on a round trip on the island.
Tours can be offered to tourists without problems, except in those territories where there is an autochthonous transmission, none will be able to pass through them.
PCR test will be taken without problems, except in those territories where there is an autochthonous transmission, which won’t be able to pass through them.
Tourists will need to stay at the arrival hotel to wait until the PCR results are in, which usually takes 24 hours. They will not have to quarantine, except for positive or close contact of a confirmed case. Otherwise, they do not isolate.
Private homes and hotels can be offered to tourists as long as the territory is open for international tourism and does not have autochthonous transmission.
Clients should be recommended to have a PCR before leaving the United Kingdom because if they arrive sick, they will not be able to enjoy their holidays.
All sites linked to tourist activity in the country, including airports, cruise ship terminals and marinas, implement hygienic-sanitary protocols to guarantee the safety of our visitors. These protocols are certified and endorsed by health and tourism authorities; they were conceived, taking into account the recommendations of international organizations.